Saturday, June 2, 2012

My First Attempt

So I have never blogged, but do enjoy reading other blogs. I read friends blogs that are mostly full of cute family pictures and stories that truly portray how storybook perfect their life is and I then I read funny blogs that are full of sarcasm and jokes and make me laugh. I love reading both types of blogs. I love seeing pictures of family and friends and knowing what is going on in their lives. Sharing in their happiness brings a smile to my face. I also love knowing that hey, my life is NOT picture perfect and that's okay because a lot of people out there are just like me. 

So here is the question: What type of blog do I want to have? 

I tried the sarcastic blog and got as far as the title. That's it. I created a blog, came up with a funny and witty title, and never posted A SINGLE POST!! I truly thought I could be sarcastic and funny, but every time I thought of something to blog about I had guilt for either being too negative or trying to get a laugh at the expense of someone else. That's not who I want to be. I don't want to be "the mean girl". But honestly, there are things and people that irritate me!!!

I thought I wanted the hearts and flowers blog where I would post cute pictures of my family and talk about all the fun we are having. That would be my happy place. I could write a weekly blog about all the great accomplishments my kids had that week, there are six of them, surely there will be MUCH to blog about!! I could talk about our fun outings and take the most adorable picture!!! But is my life really all hearts and flowers? Absolutely NOT!!

Is there a happy medium somewhere?? I hope so!! 

This is what I am going to attempt, please bear with me. I am going to treat this somewhat like a journal. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Who knows if anybody but me is ever going to read this anyway right?! So, this is my therapy. This is my happy place, or at least a place of solace where I can just be me. DON'T JUDGE. After all, who really is perfect all of the time? NOBODY!! If you think your life is all sunshine and roses, you're kidding yourself and everybody around you. I will blog about fun times, but I will also blog about frustrating times. This is for me! I need this outlet and my family needs me to have this outlet! Trying to be picture perfect all of the time is exhausting! I am far from perfect, but I think I tend to portray myself as pretty put together outside of the walls of my home. 

Love it or hate it, this is my life. I welcome you to laugh with me, cry with me, share in my joys, accomplishments, and sorrows. At the end of the day I just want to feel peaceful and content knowing that I have been true to myself. Enjoy!!

2 comments: